Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pretzel Fluff Fruit Salad

This is an amazing salad.  The one time I made it, it was a HIT!  I like it as well as my other pretzel salad, it is just a little more high maintanance in my opinion.

¾ cup sugar
1 ½ squares butter
Approx. 3 cups broken pretzels (any shape just break to bite size)
¾ cup sugar
12 oz (1 ½ pkgs cream cheese)
16 oz Cool Whip
1 qt strawberries
2 (6 oz) pkgs raspberries
4 peaches
1 large (15 oz) can mandarin oranges

Preheat oven to 350. Place pretzels on a cookie sheet. Melt butter and ¾ cup sugar in saucepan. It says to completely dissolve the sugar. I just got it to a rolling boil and timed it for a minute. Pour over pretzels and stir to coat. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool. While it is cooling, stir it a couple of times to break up the pretzels.
Beat together cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Then fold in cool whip and other ingredients. I only chilled for a couple of hours after mixing in the pretzels so they wouldn’t get too soft. You can use any kind of fruit. I only used the ones above because they are my favorites. My sister made it with strawberries, grapes, oranges, and pineapple. The original recipe only had pineapple. We like a lot more fruit than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment