Saturday, January 15, 2011

Marshmallow frosting

I wouldn't advise this one unless you have a kitchenaid mixer or LOTS of patience!  Or come use mine! ;)

1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

I started whipping my egg whites with the vanilla. (you want to get them to soft peaks).  While they whipped, I started the sugar, water, and cream of tartar on the stove.  You need to boil it till the sugar is dissolved and its all bubbly and clear.  When that is done, make sure your whites make a soft peak when you pull out your beater.  When they are there, continue to beat them while slowly drizzling sugar mixture into the bowl.  When its all in just beat it FOREVER till it is shiny white and forms a really stiff peak.  ( I think it is often called 7 minute frosting because you have to whip it that long.  I think I whipped mine longer)  It is a BEAUTIFUL glossy white frosting!  I used it to frost Kayleigh's chocolate ganache birthday cupcakes.  I used my easy accent decorator and it was so easy to manage and held up so beautifully.  I might turn the pics someday, no time tonight!  You can add food coloring or extracts too to change things up.  I wished I added 1/4 tsp of almond extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment