Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blueberry Cheese Cupcakes

I made these for my sister's birthday, and I thought they worked out great!  Not to mention they tasted amazing!

1 (18.25 ounce) betty crocker cake mix white or lemon
1 pkg Cream Cheese, softened
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 (21 ounce) can Blueberry pie filling

I was making lots of cupcakes that day and wasn't sure what cake flavor would taste best so I did half of them lemon cake and half rainbow chip. I liked both, but I think they were best with the rainbow chip (or white).  Others who were there can also weigh in if you like!  Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter as directed on package and put in the fridge while you prepare the filling. 

 Mix cream cheese, egg, and sugar until well blended. Remove 3/4 cup of the pie filling and set aside for topping the cupcakes. I used my cookie scoop (1 oz size) to fill the cupcake cups uniformly.  Then I washed out the scoop and filled it about 1/2 full of cheese and put on the center of each cupcake.  Then approximately the same amount of blueberries.  Finally I topped it off with one more scoop(slightly less full) just to cover the filling.  It almost filled the cupcake cups and I was afraid they would all overflow, but it worked out just fine.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire racks. Cool completely. 

Frost with sturdy whip cream frosting (I used my pampered chef easy accent decorator), and top with reserved pie filling.

I made two frostings and I liked the sturdy whip cream frosting best for these cupcakes, but the marshmallow frosting was good too so I am going to post both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment