Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teriyaki Chicken

I'm not a big fan of brown meat...but I couldn't resist the 50 cent a pound leg quarters at Winco, so I set out to find a way that I would like them.  I remembered when I was a kid that my mom made teriyaki chicken legs that I liked, so I called her and here is what I ended up doing...

I had about 5 lbs of them.  I brined them in salt water for about 5 hours and then rubbed garlic powder on them under the skin.  I wanted them to have a grilled taste so I put them out on the grill solely to brown the outside.  I am not so good at grilling and they kept flaming up.  So it didn't take long for them to look grilled.  Then I crammed them into a pan and poured the sauce over them and baked them for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  They ended up tasting amazing!!  Very tender, and delicious.

The sauce was simply 1 1/2 cups of soy sauce and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar.  You are supposed to baste them but I used so much sauce and they were so crammed in that it pretty much covered them.  I only basted it once.  I was really glad I had grilled them, because for me it was a necessary flavor.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment